Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chaotic Countdown Day 49

Pin It
Chaotic Christmas Countdown
Day 49

Running around, trying to get packed and finish up some last minute crafts!!!  Can you say "CHAOTIC!!!!!!"
So goes the story of my life!!!  ;)

MC came home the other day with a really GREAT picture that she had drawn in art class!!  I am making a tree on the wall, up in the gameroom, that will have framed pic's that she has drawn!!  She is the "ARTEEST" in the family!!!  But I also knew that I didn't just want a regular picture frame!!  I have been seeing around Pinterest and Blogland that people are making the yarn wreaths and I think I may have developed a SLIGHT (ok, maybe a SICK) love of yarn!!!  Where has this stuff been my whole life???  Ummmm....where was I???  "ADD" kicked in.....OH....So I decided to wrap a VERY CHEAP frame from Wal-Mart with yarn!!!



I LOVE it!!!  I made a small fabric flower for the corner!!!  I can not wait to make a few more!!!

Tutorial!!
Start with CHEAP frame!!! ;)

I cut off a big ball of yarn but you can do it however you want to!!  Find a starting place and add a dot of hot glue!!  Press the end of the yarn into it and hold for a few seconds!!  Start winding!!!!


When you reach the corner, just keep winding but I ended up running a bead of glue on the ends to help hold it in place while going around the edge!!





Finished!!


I made a fabric flower by cutting out three different size pieces of fabric!!  I did not make any particular shape!!   Then I sewed them together with a button in the middle!!

Hot glued the flower to the side and

WOW!!  HOW CUTE!!!!





Not bad for approx $6!!!  I can soooo see these made with Christmas colors and putting our yearly photo with Santa in it!!!!  ;)

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

See you tomorrow for
DAY 50!!!




6 comments:

  1. I love yarn too!! That is an awesome idea! I want to know about the 'tree' and how you're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found you from Pinterest. Love your blog. What great ideas you have!

    Lynette
    www.sweetposydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute ..she is so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Randee

    I love this idea. I can easy do this and added to my office. Lovely! Thank you for stopping my blog and for following. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that AND I love the artwork! Looks like Lady GaGa!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, you posted on my Pumpkin to Snowman blog. This is a SUPER cute idea. I love things with yarn. I'll be tucking this idea away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...