Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chaotic Christmas Day 70

Pin It
Chaotic Christmas Countdown
Day 70!!

Ok...I have to be TOTALLY HONEST!!!  It has been ONE HECK OF A DAY!!!!  Can you believe we only have 10 days until CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!  WOW!!!! I have SOOOOO many things that I have to accomplish over the next two days that I had to pull in reinforcements!!!   So I have convinced an AWESOME friend of mine to feature her
CHRISTMAS SWIRL COOKIES!!!!  ;)



Jenn comes Don't Mess With My Tutus!!!! You have to go check out her site!!!! She is SUPER DUPER talented and I love being inspired by her!!!!  The Christmas Swirl Cookies are "To DIE for!!!"  Take a look at her recipe!!!!
These are one of my all-time favorite Christmas cookies!  They are so festive and FUN to eat make!!  I hear they are great with coffee, but since I don't drink coffee . . . you'll just have to see for yourself and let me know!  They are GGGREAT in milk!
Christmas Swirls
1/2 C Crisco
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
3 C flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T water
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.  Cream, butter, shortening and sugar.  Add egg, vanilla and water.  Beat until fluffy. Add dry ingredients.  Divide dough into thirds.  Add 6-8 drops of red food coloring to one of the thirds and 6-8 drops of green food coloring to the other third.  Blend food color into dough (I use my hands) until color is uniform.  Roll each portion of dough out onto waxed paper.  Stack your three layers of rolled out dough on top of each other.  Roll together lengthwise in jellyroll fashion and use waxed paper to wrap and chill dough for several hours or overnight.  Cut in 1/8" slices and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Makes 3-4 dozen.


THANK you Jenn for bailing me out!!!  I owe you big time!!!
See you tomorrow for
Day 71!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh.. what a great recipe! Thanks for sharing.. Ill have to add these to my list of cookies to try. :)

    Ps..
    Im having a cookie exchange link party on Saturday.. I would LOVE for you to share these! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...