Saturday, December 3, 2011

Chaotic Christmas Countdown Day 59

Pin It
Chaotic Christmas Countdown
Day 59



HMMMMM.....I am BEYOND exhaustion!!!  Sleeping with a 3 year old has taken its toll on me!!!!  BUT the CHAOS must go on.....sooooooooo,  I finished the SNOWMAN CHAIRBACKS for MC's class!!  I think they are ADORABLE!!!!


They were simple BUT time consuming when you have to make 20!!!  ;)

I started by measuring the height and width of the back of the chair and added an inch to each side!!!  I then cut white felt into the dimensions that I had come up with...mine where 15x12!!!  I then sewed 3 sides together and turned right side out!!! 



I then drew a picture of a top hat and made a template!!  I then cut out the hats out of black felt!!  I doubled my fabric so I would have a front and a back to the hat to make it more stiff!!


I then realized that they were not going to be stiff enough so I hot glued 3 Popsicle sticks in between the 2 pieces!!


Like shown here!

Once I had the hats glued on, I decided that they needed a little PIZZAZZ so I added some trim that I got at the $1 TREE!!!





For the eyes and mouth, I used black pom pom's!!!


FINISHED SNOWMAN!!!


TOO STINKIN CUTE!!!!  I think the kiddos are going to be so excited to see these on the back of  their chairs for the month of December!!!!

See you tomorrow for
DAY 60!!!!

ps....the kitty in the pic is our 18 year old cat named TAZ!!!  Please pray for her and us!!!  She is probably not going to be with us next year and it is KILLING me!!!  She was our first pet when we were dating!!!!  :(









rocaandcompany




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
you are talking too much />


Passionately Artistic


UndertheTableandDreaming Making Link Party



Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

Photobucket

" border="0"
alt="Pinkapotamus" />
Boogieboard Cottage
Chocolate Drool and Kisses
My World Made by Hand

7 comments:

  1. Randee absolutely fabulous!! I am loving all your Christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Would be great for classroom chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Thanks for linking up! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. how super cute!!!! we are snowmen lovers in this house!! new visitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! The kids in the classroom went crazy over these I am sure! Such an awesome idea!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...