Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chaotic Christmas Countdown Day 69

Pin It
Chaotic Christmas Countdown
Day 69!!

Ok....you know how when you see something and you can NOT wait to make it???  WELLLLLLL.....this is one of "those" projects!!!  I had seen two different projects and I combined them!!  LOL!!!  One was a sled with a cupcake from Frost Me Blog  and the other was a tag from One Charming Party!!!!!! 

SNOW SLED CUPCAKES!!!!







YEP, YEP, YEP.....they are ADORABLE!!!!!

TUTORIAL!!!

First...make your cupcakes!!!  I used a BOX CAKE!!!!! (Pick your mouth up off of the floor!!!)

Then I made Butter Cream Icing:

Ingredients

  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream

Directions

In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.

Frost your cupcakes!!!!

Then make ROYAL ICING:








Ingredients

  • 3 ounces pasteurized egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions

In large bowl of stand mixer combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy. Add confectioners' sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny. Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add food coloring, if desired. For immediate use, transfer icing to pastry bag or heavy duty storage bag and pipe as desired. If using storage bag, clip corner. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.

I place my ROYAL icing in a baggie and cut the tip to frost with!!!  Pipe a line along your candy cane!!  I propped one up while I propped the other but it would be easier with 2 people!!!  The ROYAL icing will hold the graham cracker in place!!!! 





Then place your graham cracker on top of the candy canes!!  I added a dollop of icing to sit the cupcake on!!!


Once your cupcake is on the "sled", add a candy cane with a dollop pf icing  on top and then place a red M&M on top!!!! 
TOOOOO STINKIN CUTE!!


Hope to see you tomorrow for
DAY 70!!!!!!  ;)


I'm topsy turvy tuesdays Todays Creative Blog Tip Junkie handmade projects
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy







ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 53

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Photobucket
A Crafty Soiree Ladybird Ln Photobucket



Fun On A Dime
Fancy This



For the Kids Friday monogram





Featured On The  Crafty Nest




Photobucket












Happy Go Lucky




Craft Junkie Too Friend

Tickled Pink at 504 Main



you are talking too much />

UndertheTableandDreaming


Tuesday To Do Party

20 comments:

  1. These are adorable and they look delicious! Also, nothing wrong with cake mix, especially when it lets you spend time being crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was the Royal Icing used for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Sorry, I will go fix that!! It was used to put the graham crackers on the candy canes!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute! might have to make a couple for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Pinning it!

    roweaglejacket@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! That is just super stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly creative!! WOW!! I am pinning away =-) Don't forget to grab the TGIF button for any linked up post or put it on your sidebar. Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will link this post to my Christmas Traditions Link Up in the Recipes category. It starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely adorable! Such a cute idea for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How freakin fun!I would love if you stopped over to link up at Get Schooled Saturday a Too Much Time on my Hands!

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my these look so fun! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing at my Feature Friday Linky Party!

    Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! Thanks so much for linking up at this week's T.G.I.F. Linky party -- I've featured this project on my facebook page here -->
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Craft-Junkie-Too/162946417058976

    …..stop by my blog and grab the Featured Me button if you'd like. http://www.craftjunkietoo.com

    Thanks and Merry Christmas!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I'm pinning this. Thanks for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun idea! Thanks for being my blog of the week!

    Carlee
    PS, I also showed this off, I couldn't help it!
    http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/12/twas-night-before-christmasfeatures.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute and original idea, Randee! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are cute too! How fun. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea! Looks like waaay too much sugar, but what the hay, it's the holidays right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these, I bet they didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww Man!! I wish I'd seen this before Christmas. Brilliant and sooooo cute!! Bookmarking, sharing, and Pinning!!
    New follower here from the TGIF Linky :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...