Friday, December 2, 2011

Chaotic Christmas Countdown 58

Pin It
Chaotic Christmas Countdown
Day 58


We are HOME!!!!!  It will be sooooooo great to sleep in our own beds without an ELBOW TO THE HEAD or a KNEE IN THE BACK!!!  Our kids have NEVER been allowed to sleep with us so it was a true test for all of us!!!  ;)  AMAZINGLY....we all SURVIVED!!!  lol!!

Ok....I rushed home to make a a project that I had seen on BHG several months ago!!  I just LOVE being back in the city so I can just run into the store and get ANYTHING I want WHEN I want it!!!  I am SOOOOO SUPER DUPER EXCITED about our very own
FROSTY the SNOWMAN!!!!


We LOVE him!!!  The kids LOVE him!!!  He was super simple and cost me less than $30!!!  WOW!!!!

The tutorial is very simple but I will go through it to make sure!!

First I bought a white Christmas tree (prelit) and a Snowman head!!  My Mom bought me the Snowman in Texarkana at a store called Ellis Pottery!!
I cut a strip of red felt for the scarf!! 



To make the buttons, I took clear bulbs (1/2 off at Hobby Lobby) and painted them!!


I have tried painting bulbs before and have not had good luck but tonight I had a moment of GENIUS and decided to spray paint the inside of the bulbs!!!  I used the metallic paint and LOVED the effect!!


To tie them onto the tree, I used the a small piece of ribbon!!!!


The arms were floral "sprays" and I just stuck them into the sides!!!



Isn't he SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!  I love him and have him sitting in the corner of our living room next to the stockings!!!!!

See you tomorrow for another CHAOTIC DAY!!!

Chaotic Countdown
Day 59!!!



Happy Go Lucky
fingerprints on the fridge



monogram

Fantabulous Friday!





rocaandcompany


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
you are talking too much />


Passionately Artistic

UndertheTableandDreaming Making Link Party

Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

Photobucket

" border="0"
alt="Pinkapotamus" />
Boogieboard Cottage
Chocolate Drool and Kisses
My World Made by Hand

11 comments:

  1. How cute is he! I love him, thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Your house must be getting quite festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randee as always amazing! I love this one. too cute! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Frosty!! I want him, I wish I could see your house in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowmen are the best! And that one is just darling. So glad you shared him at Shine On Fridays! I hope you'll come back and share some more of your fabulousness this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a Christmas tree snowman before, Randee, it is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Snowmen are my favorite Christmas decoration .. ever! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, he is so cute. I love snowmen and this is such a unique way to incorporate them into Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! I've been planning on doing one all year --

    You've been featured. Come grab your featured button.
    http://itssoverycheri.com/2011/12/10/saturday-showcase-12-10-2011/

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. where did you get your tree from

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...