Nathaniel is INFATUATED with Cars 2 the movie and all of the characters!! So naturally, we are having a CARS themed birthday!! I can not seem to do anything SMALL and UNCOMPLICATED!!! SO, here are the cupcakes that I made for his party at preschool!!!
I give you
TOW MATER CUPCAKES!!!
Daddy helping....isn't that the sexiest thing EVER!!! A man frosting cupcakes!!! I DO love him!! ;)
FRIENDS!!! Colton was hollering when Nathaniel walked into school....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHANIEL!!!! ;)
I LOVE my little man!!
And my BABY GIRL!!
- 1 box cake mix
- 2 16 oz cans of milk chocolate frosting
- 16 oz can of vanilla frosting
- 6 cup large muffin baking pan
- 12 cup regular size cupcake baking pan
- 4.44 oz box of Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper Cookies (100 Calorie Right Bites)
- White M&M's candies (headlight)
- Green M&M's candies (eyes)
- 6 Eclipse gum pieces (teeth)
- 6 inch cardboard cake boards
- Black edible ink pen
1. Coat both pans with non-stick spray. Prepare cake batter and fill both pans about 2/3 full. Bake as directed on the package and let cool.
|3. Set aside green and white M&M's.|
|4. For Mater's teeth, cut each piece of gum into two pieces so one piece is larger than the other.<><><><>>|
|5. Cut the tops off of 6 of the cupcakes so you can place them upside down for the truck bed. Before turning upside down, frost the sides and bottom (now top) with milk chocolate frosting.<><><><>>|
|6. Place the cupcakes, cut side down toward the back of a 6-inch cake board. Place a dollop of frosting on the board to help the cupcakes stay in place.<><><><>>|
|7. Frost the sides of the larger muffin-size cupcakes. Frost the top each muffin-size cupcake for the mouth.|
8. For each tire, attach two cookies together using frosting and then attach two tires to the larger cupcake and two in back to the smaller cupcake.
|9. Place one more cookie on the top for the tire on Mater's hood. Attach the teeth to the cookie mouth with a small amount of frosting.|
|10. For the top of the trucks, first frost about half of each of the remaining cupcakes with vanilla frosting. You can place these in the freezer for a few minutes for the frosting to harden and then it will be easier to frost over the vanilla edges with chocolate frosting to finish Mater's face. Frost the sides and top with chocolate.|
|11. Attach two green M&M's in place for eyes and one white M&M in place for headlight. Use a black edible ink pen to draw pupils on the eyes and when dry.|