Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Growing Up

Pin It
Is it wrong to be sitting at the computer crying because Mc's teacher just sent me a pic of my baby girl missing her front tooth??  I know I am supposed to be happy but I am going to miss her sweet baby teeth! She will never look the same...
I never seem to embrace the changes in her that leave behind my baby girl and change her into a little girl!  I want her to stay little for just a little longer!! I love her so much and just want her to stay young and innocent for as long as I can keep her this way!!  I know that she cannot comprehend the love I have for her but someday when she has a baby girl of her own, she will know!
So for now, I will put on my HAPPY FACE and greet her with joy and excitement about losing her front tooth BUT inside I know that it is just another "baby" part of her gone!!


I know some are asking if this is her first baby tooth for her to lose...NO but it is the first top, front tooth!  These are the ones that really make a difference in their appearance!!  :(

5 comments:

  1. My daughter (my firstborn) lost her two bottom front teeth during the first week of indergarten. I was a mess. She never knew it, but I was. They were the first two teeth to come in and I remember that so clearly. I can still see the whole scenario in my mind's eye like it was yesterday, but here she is, like a jack-o-lantern and almost six. Time's passing is so bittersweet! I totally hear you, Randee! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you so much for the comfort!! I was better by the time she got home but I cried REALLY hard for about 20 minutes!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw.. I so miss these days.. My baby girl is now 27 but she is still and forever will be, my baby girl.. She didn't like it much between the ages of 14 to 16, maybe a pinch at 17 but by 18 she was my baby girl again.. :) And trust me, your daughter will comprehend the love you have for her long before she has a child of her own.. That's the time she'll appreciate your role as a mother but the comprehension comes long before.. Rest assured. Our babies will forever be our babies and then their babies become our babies too.. The never ending circle, right?
    Great post and I'm sorry for your loss. (Of the tooth..) ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS....I just never realized the love until I had mt own!! We were OLD when we started having kids!! LOL!! I could NOT stand kids.....go figure!! ;)

      Delete
  3. awww...randee..i know thats ONE feeling..baby turning into a girl. Give my hugs to the luvly girl and happy healthy mommying to us all :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...