Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ice Cream Sundae Cake Pops

Pin It
SQQQUUUUEEEEEEAAAAAALLLL!!!

Today's post just may be one of my FAVORITES!!!!  I have seen these in pictures but there are several so I do not have a specific site to go to because some of it I just did on my own!!

For Nathaniel's preschool classes snacks, I made
THESE...


YEP...I am "THAT" mom, AGAIN!!  lol!!  You know there is a story behind that but I will have to get into that another day!!  ;)

They were SUPER simple to make just a little time consuming!!

Here goes...

Bake a cake (of your choice) using 1/2 the oil it calls for!  Then when done and cooled, crumple it into fine pieces!!  Then add 1/2 a jar of frosting (of your choice) and mix all together till it looks like 
THIS

Then form into balls that look like 
THIS...I used my large melon scoop and grabbed a LARGE amount with it!!  

Next you will need to cut down your ice cream cones by scoring and cutting!!  Do NOT worry if they look even..the almond bark will cover it!



Todd cut holes into my ice cream cone box to make a holder for me!!  ;)  


Next you will take your cake ball and dip it into the almond bark or candy melts that is already melted according to the directions!



Then place ball into ice cream cone and press to make a good seal!



Let cool until hardened!


When it has hardened, you will be able to take the whole cone and dip into the almond bark again!!


Grrrr....bad pic but cover the entire ball with almond bark!!



Then add whatever sprinkles you want to add!!


Set back into holder to harden!



When they are VERY hard and dry, you take your chocolate almond bark and melt according to directions!  

Then I used a ziplock baggie and put the warm almond bark down in it and clipped the tip to create a frosting bag!!  

Then hold over the top of the ice cream cone and squeeze...LOL!!  No rhyme or reason!!  Just make it look like fudge!!!  Top  with an M&M or a red Skittle!!!  



I made really cute bags to take them to the school!!!  
ADORABLE!!!!!







25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Chrissy..THANK YOU!!! I have to make 20 more tomorrow!! ;)

      Delete
  2. These are the cutiest things. I might try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U ARE SO TALENTED RANDEE. I WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT U WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN DOING ALL THESE NEAT THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... These look amazing! I've been telling myself that I'm gonna make cake pops for-e-ver and now I just have to do it! LOL My neighbor's granddaughter is having a birthday party in a couple of weeks and she asked me to do some kind of sweet treat. Thanks to you, I have the perfect thing! Thanks, Randee! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST try them!! These are WAY fun!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow, Randee that shows some true dedication! I bet the kids loved them.

    I'm visiting from Michelle's Tasty Creation linky party. I would love it if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...THANKS for stopping by!! I will hop on over to your blog!!!

      Delete
  6. Randee,
    These are the cutest idea I've seen for Cake Pops yet. What a great idea for a birthday party too. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week.

    I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great day.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Blog is Deff My Favorite!! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you for stopping by and the sweet comment!!

      Delete
  8. I love cake pops! I agree they are time consuming but easy! I agree with Michelle, these are the cutest I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina...THANK you!! I am making some more tomorrow!! Will see how they turn out!! ;)

      Delete
  9. Stopping by to let you know I featured your Ice Cream Sundae Cake Balls, these are sooo fabulous! Yum! I would love it if you would come by and link something up again today!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know you're being featured today on Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are super cute! Props for having the patience! I can never do cake balls. They drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK You!! I have tried before but these were by far the easiest!!

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday. I'm featuring this today.

    http://www.herecomesthesun-kelly.blogspot.com/2012/05/fabulous-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are actually sooo cute! Cannot wait to give them a go!
    heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...