Now that BLOGAPALOOSA is over, I can get back to a normal routine!!! Today for TASTY TUESDAY I made a
FRESH Blackberry Cobbler!
Todd planted some thorn-less blackberry bushes and this year they are going CRAZY!! I love to be able to pick them and not get any chiggers or end or bleeding from all of the thorns!!!
I found a REALLY easy recipe on Betty Crockers Site!!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh (drained) blackberries (do not use blueberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired
- 1 In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2 In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- 3 Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with ice cream