Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

Pin It WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!  Fall Is HERE!!!  I am so super excited and could NOT wait to make my TOMATO BASIL SOUP and GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES!!!  I want  to crawl up on the couch with my sweet husband and kiddos!!  I know that some have asked for my recipe so here it is!!  HOPE you ENJOY!!!!  Feel free to leave me any comments!!!  ;)

 4 C. canned whole tomatoes, crushed  You can use fresh!
4 C. chicken stock
12 to 14 washed fresh basil leaves
1 C. heavy cream
1 1/2 sticks salted butter
salt to taste
1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
 
Puree tomoatoes in blender and then add all ingredients to large pan!  Cook on medium, stirring constantly, until all ingredients are blended and melted!  Turn to low heat and let simmer for at least 30 minutes!! 
 Garnish with basil leaves and serve with your favorite bread.
 
As you all know, I tend to add a little here and there to my recipes!  I tend to add a little more cream and basil!!  I just keep tasting until I get it the way I want it!!  :)  ENJOY!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...