Thursday, June 21, 2012

Toot Your Own Horn Thursday...Natural-Nesters

Pin It
Hello Everyone!
We are so excited to be here at Toot Your  Own Horn Thursday guest posting. It is so fun to get to share our story with other people and make new bloggy friends!


So first....


A little bit about the Natural-Nesters:

 We are two sisters that love family, taking care of our homes, kids projects, DIY projects, cooking, and more. We live states apart, but we share life together through our blog! 


So to introduce the both of us, around the blog we are known as Big Sis & Little Sis.  


Big Sis
Hi, My Name is Cassey!
I am a wife and a mother. I have been married eight years to a military firefighter. I have taught school for the past five years but since returning back to the states last year, I run my own daycare so that I can be at home with our only son. I adore my family. I love being the caretaker of my home, exploring new and healthy recipes to cook for my family, developing fun activities as I teach in my daycare, learning to stay fit in a busy life, and being creative throughout my home.

Normally Cassey is the blogger behind a lot of our children's games and interactive ideas, such as....
A JAR+WHITE BEANS+COTTON BALLS=FUN
Where kids in her at home day care put their own beans in a jar and watched them grow into plants. 
&
WE LOVE SLIME



Where she made homemade, kid-safe slime for the kids to play with. 



She is also the genius behind our gardening blogs, such as...

Where she came up with a clever way to make garden markers for her planter boxers. 
Where her and her husband made homemade garden boxes to plant their own veggies in.


Or usually behind a lot of the recipe posts we put up, such as...



Where she made her first homemade noodles and created a wonderful soup with them! 

Then there is-
Little Sis

Hi, My Name is Brittany!

 I am a wife who works full-time, goes to graduate school at night, and is taking care of three Asian exchange students! My entire life is an adventure being lived for the Lord and I love it! I love my husband, and I love taking care of our home, which involves, cleaning, organizing, fitness, crafting, creating and planning! I have a passion for each of these things because of the gift the Lord has given me as a Natural Nester!

Brittany is the mastermind behind a lot of the DIY home projects, such as...


Where her and her husband took old wood and created a patio box to hold pillows or double as a seat

&


Where she took an old pallet and created a back porch swing out of it.  

She is also big on home improvement & crafty things, such as...


Where she used an old rag to create a homemade dry cloth. 

Then there are a few occasions when she adds a party planning idea in the mix, such as...


Where she co-hosted decorating for a very trendy wedding shower. 



But both of us take part in the fitness part of our blog.  Each Wednesday we share our stories and our journeys towards weight loss and good health in our series Weight Loss Wednesdays. 

And we also both love to party! Each week we host a Naturally-Nifty Linky Party where we invite other bloggers to come and brag about their current projects and successes.  We love meeting new friends and visiting their blogs to see what they are up to.  Plus we feature some of our favs at each party! 

Needless to say, we Natural-Nesters know how to have some fun!! 
So we hope that you will stop by to join us in our little adventure of blog life, we would love to meet you! 


Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest

-Natural Nesters

5 comments:

  1. "Toot Your Own Horn Thursday" is such a cute idea. I am dropping by to say hi from Texas Bloggers and am so excited to be a part of this fun group of ladies. I am your newest follower and if you are interested you can find me here:

    www.jules-beautifulday.blogspot.com

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed meeting the sisters. Fun post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us toot our own horn today lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I may not comment but i enjoy your posts. Stay Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM IN LOVE with the swing!!!!
    New follower from Texas Bloggers!
    Hope you pop over for a visit!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...